Monday, December 24, 2007

My finest gift to Rylee



My grand daughter, Rylee, has an aversion to Santa. Elmo and the Grinch are o.k. Santa was this terrifying man at the mall.

Through a set of circumstances that are to boorish to share, I was asked if I knew anyone that could appear as Santa at my nephews third birthday party. My niece is very conniving and I was pegged for the role.

Adorned in the finest of Santa suits, white beard and hair clad, I appeared. Much to my surprise, I was met with looks of wonder. It is impossible to describe the joy in childrens eyes when they look upon SANTA. They stand 5 feet away and stare, giggling in unison to Santa's laughter.

I settled in to the chair and greeted them, one at a time, with gifts. Ten minutes into the visit, this little bundle of joy ran up to me and crawled into my lap.

She looked up in awe as I whispered.

"Santa Claus loves you Rylee"

Joy in a grandchild's heart. There is no greater gift.

No comments: